We are now able to accept e-Transfers for student fees!
Please send the e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your student’s name so we can accurately trace the payment.
Thank you for your continued patience while we try to get our permission forms up and running on our new MyEducation BC Parent Portal. There are a few forms that we would like to get to parents and returned by Monday. We have sent these permission forms homes with many of our students. If students did not receive the forms today, they will be getting them in B block tomorrow. Students can return forms to the office!
The first Day of School is this Thursday, September 10 and the first class starts at 9:15 am. We are excited to welcome all our students to Jackson after a long break. For Thursday and Friday of this week, the block order will be (A/B) to assist with developing habits and procedures.
- When students arrive at school, they will be asked to report directly to their Block-A class (we sometimes refer to this block as their homeroom class for administrative purposes).
- For the first 2 days, Students will be permitted into the building starting at 8:45 and teachers will be in their classrooms to welcome students.
- Starting Monday September 14, school and classroom doors will be open by 8:00 am but teachers will not be in their classrooms until closer to the start of class.
- When students enter the building, they will be greeted at the door by a staff member. The staff member will ask the student if they know which room they are going to for their Block-A (homeroom) class.
- Students who do not know their Block-A class or room number will be directed to a table where a staff member will provide them with this information.
- Students who know the room number of their first class will be asked to put on their mask (one will be provided if they do not have one), sanitize their hands and make their way to their classroom.
- Students will be asked to wait in the classroom until class starts.
- Once Block-A class begins, teachers will provide students all the information they need to start the school year.
- Students are asked to bring a reusable face mask if they have them. To start the school year, we have disposable face masks for students to use, who do not have a mask. Our hope is that we will be able to provide students with reusable face masks shortly.
- Our parking lot will be closed to the public for bus drop off and pick up times (8:45 – 9:15 and 3:15-3:45).
Jackson Athletes, Coaches and Parents,
As of August 13th, BC School Sports has banned interschool competition for the fall season. This means that there will be no competition in fall sports. However, teams MAY hold skill development and training practices as long as the following guidelines are met:
- physical distance of two metres can be maintained between members of different learning groups (cohorts)
- reduced physical contact can be practiced by those within the same learning group (school cohort)
- teams present a COVID Team Safety Plan to the AD and administration.
Once school start up has begun, listen for announcements for which sports may be holding practices this fall. If you have any questions, please send them to Jackson’s Athletics director, Krys Pick at email@example.com.